Google Scholar allows authors to build a short personal page for free from the papers indexed in the Google Scholar database.
Increased accessibility to your work:
Gives a fuller picture of the impact of your work beyond scholarly and peer-reviewed publications:
Easy to maintain:
1. Go to https://scholar.google.com
2. Sign in to your Gmail account and confirm the spelling of your name.
3. Fill in details:
4. Select publications authored by you to add to your profile.
5. Select "email me updates for review". Prevents Google Scholar from automatically indexing articles which may not be written by you.
6. Recommended to uncheck the box for "make my profile public" until your profile has been populated with publications.
7. Verify your Google Scholar profile through your email. When it is complete, your institutional email will show on your profile.
Add works by clicking the “+” symbol in your Google Scholar profile. You can search by:
If you have an ORCID author profile, you can export the publication list from your Google Scholar author profile and import it as a .bibtex file to ORCID. This avoids duplicate effort when you are managing more than one author profile.
How to export publication list from Google Scholar (as BibTeX format):
1. Check the boxes to select the publications that you want to export.
2. Click "Export" and select the file format "BibTeX".
3. The BibTeX formatting will open in a new window.
4. Right click with your mouse and click "save as". You will be prompted to name the file. Ensure that the file extension ends with .txt (e.g filename.txt).
5. Continue with the following steps to Add Works (Google Scholar) to import the publications list to ORCID.