An author can create a Google Scholar Citations profile based on a personal Gmail account.
Make your profile public and become findable in the most widely used tool for academic research worldwide.
Obtain citation metrics to your publications in Google Scholar.
Get your h-index for Google Scholar.
Receive alerts about new publications based on keywords in your profile.
Export your citation to ORCID.
Setting up a Google Scholar Citations profile is easy:
1. Create / use a Gmail account and sign in to Google.
2. Go to Google Scholar. Make sure that you are signed in.
3. Click on My Citations at the top. You will be prompted to create your Google Scholar Citations account. You will be asked for your name, affiliation, etc.
4. Add your works. Google Scholar will automatically suggest publications to add to your profile. Select the ones that are yours and add to your profile.
5. Add your research interests as keywords, which can then be picked up by people looking for researchers in a particular field.
Not fully integrated with ORCID and other author profiles.
Citation metrics since 2006.